Austin Nursing Home Negligence Lawyer | Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer in Austin, Texas | Austin Nursing Home Malpractice Attorney
The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services provides a website for reporting suspicions of abuse, neglect, and exploitation of children, adults with disabilities, or people who are elderly (65 years or older). You can report elder abuse either anonymously or not anonymously. The Texas Elder Abuse Website is not for emergencies and if you have an emergency, you should call 911. An emergency is defined as:
- A situation where a child, adult with disabilities, or person who is elderly faces an immediate risk of abuse or neglect that could result in death or serious harm.
"All We Wanted to Do was to Take Care of Our Parents The Way They Took Care of Us......Look What They Did!"
You trusted them. You visited first to make sure it was safe. You Made all the right moves to take care of someone who no longer could take care of themselves. When you realize that your loved one has been subjected to poor care or, worse yet, physical abuse, you must act on their behalf. If you do not act, it can happen to another and another and another....
Austin Nursing Home Malpractice Lawyer
Families that care for their parents by placing them into the hands of nursing homes expect them to be treated with the dignity they deserve. Unfortunately, when the family is not around, sometimes the elderly are either mistreated or neglected. Obviously, when bed sores, otherwise known as decubitus bed sores, develop, the mal-treatment and negligence is readily apparent. But, nursing home malpractice is sometimes not so easily provable. Relying upon the history of an elderly parent that has dementia, pre-dementia or Alzheimer’s disease can also be frustrating. Hiring a skilled Austin nursing home abuse negligence lawyer is who you should turn to when you think a loved one has been mistreated.
Just a short list of Austin nursing homes is listed below:
8701 North Mopac Expressway
Austin, TX 78759
Retirement & Nursing Center
6909 Burnet Lane
Austin, TX 78757
Maggie Johnson Nursing Center Inc
3406 East 17th Street
Austin, TX 78721
11110 Tom Adams Drive
Austin, TX 78753
Regency Village Care Center
6500 Brush Country Road
Austin, TX 78749
Heartland Health Care Center
11406 Rustic Rock Drive
Austin, TX 78750,
Most nursing homes try their best to hire loving, caring and patient employees but sometimes they drop the ball in the hiring process and a bad actor gets on the staff abuse can occur. When this happens, the company and the employee can be held liable.
Nursing home abuse and/or nursing home neglect can take many forms. Common examples of nursing home abuse that can occur in Austin are:
- Failure to provide proper nutrition and proper hydration;
- Failure to assist in personal hygiene when needed;
- Over-medication or under-medication;
- Failure to take reasonable precautions to prevent falls;
- Failure to answer call lights in a timely fashion;
- Failure to turn residents in their beds (leading to pressure decubitus sores);
- Failure to take residents out of their bed to the toilet therby leaving them in soiled garments or beds;
- Hitting, slapping or other physical abuse of the nursing home resident;
- Use of chemical or physical restraints;
- Emotional or verbal abuse of the nursing home patient;
- Retaliation for making a complaint or filing a grievance;
- Failure to take adequate precautions to prevent injury to the nursing home resident;
- Failure to provide for appropriate medical care;
- Sexual assault or rape of the resident;
- Theft of the nursing home resident's money or other personal property
Austin & Texas Elder Abuse Resources
- Austin & Travis County Field Offices of Adult Protective Services, 14000 Summit Drive Austin, TX 78728, (512) 834-3301;
- The Texas Department on Aging Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program helps long-term care facility residents and their families to resolve problems and differences. Ombudsmen identify, investigate, and resolve complaints made by or on behalf of residents. Their toll-free number is (800) 252-2412;
- The Texas Department of Human Services regulates, licenses, and certifies nursing homes for Medicaid and Medicare. The TDHS also investigates abuse, exploitation and neglect in nursing facilities. Their toll-free hotline is (800) 458-9858.
- The Texas Attorney General investigates criminal matters in Texas. The toll free number is (800) 621-0508. If one suspects criminal abuse or neglect, one may also notify their local law enforcement agencies.
- Texas Department of Protective and Regulatory Services, Adult Protective Services: (800) 252-5400;
- Nursing Home Credentialing Department, Texas Department of Human Services: (512) 231-5215;
- Texas Attorney General's Medicaid Fraud Control Unit: (800) 252-8011; and
- Veterans Administration: (800) 827-1000
Austin Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers serve Austin and Surrounding Areas Including:
Serving clients throughout Central Texas, including Anderson Mill, Austin, Barton Creek, Bear Creek, Bee Cave, Bluff Springs, Briarcliff, Brushy Creek, Buda, Cedar Park, Cele, Coupland, Creedmoor, Driftwood, Dripping Springs, Elgin, Georgetown, Hays, Hutto, Jollyville, Jonah, Jonestown, Lago Vista, Leander, Liberty Hill, Lost Creek, Lund, Manchaca, Manor, Marshall Ford, McNeil, New Sweden, Onion Creek, Pflugerville, Point Venture, Rollingwood, Round Rock, San Leanna, Serenada, Shady Hollow, Sun City, Sunset Valley, Dallas, The Hills, Thorndale, Thrall, Volente, Waterloo, Webberville, Weir, Wells Branch, West Lake Hills, Williamson, Windemere, Wyldwood and other communities in Hays County, Travis County, and Williamson County.