Austin Auto Accident Attorney | Austin Car Wreck Lawyer | Austin Vehicle Accident Attorney
Car accidents are, by far, the leading cause of transportation related injuries throughout the United States and locally in the Austin area. Most Americans are completely dependent on using cars to perform each of our daily tasks, including driving to the store, work, school, shopping, doctors, and a variety of other commonplace tasks. The inevitable consequence is that, no matter how safe a driver you are, you will likely be involved in some sort of auto accident one day. This reality becomes even more likely in a city such as Austin, Texas, which is an important West Texas center and due to the Air Force Base within the Austin area.
When Should You Hire an Austin Car Accident Attorney?
Of course, not every car accident requires that you hire a car accident lawyer. Car accident lawyers only become necessary when an accident results in an injury serious enough to warrant medical attention, or one that detracts from your quality of life and daily routine. In these cases, retaining an Austin, Texas automobile accident lawyer can help protect your legal rights and ensure that you and your family receive the advice and compensation you deserve.
You should contact an experienced Austin auto accident attorney when your injuries are such that:
- You have a severe injury that will cause you some significant lost time or wages from work; or
- Where a car accident causes you to be disfigured; or
- You are caused to suffer permanent pain; or
- You have suffered a “loss of consortium” as a result of an automobile injury to your spouse. Please note that loss of consortium claims encompass all negative effects on the martial relationship, including loss of love, affection, support, companionship and sexual relations.
If you or a loved one has suffered a car accident or other type of injury from an Austin auto, truck, van, or bus and any of the above factors are present, then you should retain an Austin car accident attorney immediately.
Why Do You Need an Austin Auto Accident Lawyer?
Every state, including Texas, requires car owners to purchase automobile accident insurance. However, car insurance companies are notorious for trying to get out of paying fair and just compensation to their customers, even when those customers have routinely made their insurance payments for years. Let’s face it, how do car insurance companies make money? Simply put: They love to take premiums and hate to pay claims.
Austin car accident attorneys handle car accident cases, motorcycle accidents, and commercial truck accidents throughout the Austin area and in all areas of Travis County. Additionally, they represent drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and bicyclists who have suffered an injury in an Austin, Texas traffic accident where another driver may have been at fault. The defense lawyer will try to place fault on the injured party to reduce their award. This “fault” is called comparative fault and this is a very important reason why you need an experienced Austin accident attorney.
Austin Uninsured Car Wreck Lawyer
Even though it is required in Texas, that if you drive in Austin you have insurance, people do not always have insurance. When they hit your car and injure you, that is called and uninsured motorist's claim. If this is happens, your uninsured auto accident lawyer in Austin will try to successfully handle your Austin car wreck against your car insurance company. Depending on how your insurance company treats you, it may also give rise to an Austin bad faith insurance claim.
Austin Car Accidents Involving Driver Charged with Driving While Intoxicated
Because of the unique set of laws in Texas having to do with drunk driving accidents, please visit our Driving While Intoxicated Car Accident page for a more complete understanding.
Austin Distracted Driver Car Accidents
Today's drivers are often distracted by text messages and phone calls on smartphones and other devices. While we have a constant need to check messages to stay current both for work and our social lives, distracted driving is a major hazard in the Austin area. Austin Distracted Driving Accidents, caused by drivers that text, can be dangerous and even fatal. If a driver of the car that hit you, was a texting driver or a distracted driver, call an Austin Distracted Driver Car Crash Attorney Today.
Austin Wrongful Death Car Accident Lawyer
Fatal accidents due happen in Austin, Texas. When they do, your family has a claim under the Texas Wrongful Death Statute. If your family has suffered the loss of a loved one and you believe that the other party was at fault, contact an experienced Austin fatal car accident Lawyer right away.
If you or a loved one have been involved in an Austin auto accident, you should:
- Call 911 for an ambulance for all injured persons. If it is non-emergency, call (512) 972-7200 ;
- As soon as you are able, call an Austin car accident lawyer;
- If you, a family member, or friend are taken away by an Austin ambulance, you can later get information at:
Austin Fire Department
512-972-7200 500 Jefferson, Suite 1500
Austin, TX 77002
If your car was towed and stored in the City of Austin, or a surrounding area, try calling the local police department:
Austin Police Department (APD): (512) 974-5000
Travis County Precinct 3: (512) 854-6763
Travis County Precinct 5: (512) 854-9049
Travis County Sheriff: (512) 854-9770
Other reasons to retain an Austin, TX Auto Accident lawyer or Travis County, TX Auto Accident lawyer include:
- In Texas, the statutory minimum of liability insurance is $25,000.00;
- A trained Austin, Texas car accident attorney will get you quality medical care;
- A Travis County car accident lawyer will preserve vital evidence and immediately retain experts, called accident reconstructionists, who recreate the accident for the purposes of trial and legal settlements;
- If alcohol and/or drugs played a role in the cause of the accident punitive damages may be available;
A licensed Austin car accident attorney will make sure that:
- Your automobile’s property damage is fully paid;
- Your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) is recovered; and
- That all layers of insurance coverage, such as excess levels of coverage are placed on notice;
- A persona injury attorney in Austin will not let your statute of limitations is two (2) years from the date of the accident;
An Austin injury trial lawyer will be completely familiar with:
- The Texas Rules of Civil Procedure;
- The laws governing where your lawsuit should be filed. These are called "Venue" laws.
- If your Austin car crash lawyer determines that your car injury lawsuit should be filed in one of the below Travis County Civil Courts or Travis County District Court, they will also have a thorough knowledge of the Texas Rules of Evidence. Some of the Austin trial courts include:
Travis County 419th District Civil Court
Travis County 53rd District Civil Court
Travis County 98th District Civil Court
- If your Austin injury litigator, chooses federal court, he or she will be completely familiar with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the Federal Rules of Evidence.
For all these reasons, you should not hesitate to retain an experienced Austin tractor trailer accident lawyer near you to help you pursue claims related to an accident in Austin involving a commercial vehicle.
Resources for Austin Residents
Austin Area Hospitals
Austin State Hospital (Main Site)
Cornerstone Hospital of Austin
Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas (DCMCCT)
St. David's Hospital
Seton Medical Center Williamson
Seton Medical Center Austin
University Medical Center at Brackenridge
St. David's North Austin Medical Center
Northwest Hills Surgical Hospital
Seton Shoal Creek Hospital
Seton Northwest Hospital
Austin Area Automobile & Tire Repair
Youngblood Auto & Tire
Firestone Complete Auto Care
Goodyear Auto Service Center
Lambs Tire & Automotive Repair Center
Austin Area Car Rental Services
Leasing Associates Inc
Thrifty Car Rental
Capital City Leasing Inc
If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident in the Austin area or anywhere in Travis County or surrounding areas, please contact one of the experienced Austin vehicle accident law firms listed on this page.
Car Accident Injury Attorneys Serve Austin and Surrounding Cities
Serving clients throughout Central Texas, including Anderson Mill, Austin, Barton Creek, Bear Creek, Bee Cave, Bluff Springs, Briarcliff, Brushy Creek, Buda, Cedar Park, Cele, Coupland, Creedmoor, Driftwood, Dripping Springs, Elgin, Georgetown, Hays, Hutto, Jollyville, Jonah, Jonestown, Lago Vista, Leander, Liberty Hill, Lost Creek, Lund, Manchaca, Manor, Marshall Ford, McNeil, New Sweden, Onion Creek, Pflugerville, Point Venture, Rollingwood, Round Rock, San Leanna, Serenada, Shady Hollow, Sun City, Sunset Valley, Taylor, The Hills, Thorndale, Thrall, Volente, Waterloo, Webberville, Weir, Wells Branch, West Lake Hills, Williamson, Windemere, Wyldwood and other communities in Hays County, Travis County, and Williamson County.